Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Book Business

It's nearly 1:30 a.m. and I'm sitting here e-mailing promo to area libraries, talking with readers and writers online, imploring booksellers to 1) carry my book, and 2) invite me for a talk/book-signing. And lastly, I am keeping my commitment to this blog.

I do all this late at night because my day is spent focused on the freelance writing that pays the bills.

Oh, how grand my life would be if I could simply spend my days "writing for me." Now, if you've read Painting The Invisible Man you will understand what I mean by that phrase.

Taking that concept to the next level, "writing for me" now means I could get up every morning and focus my day on writing about writing, on working on my next novel, on spending more time talking with reading groups, talking with students...that is my ultimate goal...to live the life of a writer.

I'm getting there....

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! :) And please, keep writing for you. You have a talent. Use it for yourself too.

    ReplyDelete