Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Lot Of Help From My Friends...

Being a writer is solitary work. Selling books, however, takes a whole lot more than a village.

I'm sure by now my friends dread seeing an e-mail coming from me, especially with subject lines that read: "Would you help me..." or "Spread the word...." or "Upcoming event..."

As I weave my way along the road of self-promotion, I have relied heavily on my friends. And so far, no one has asked me to delete their name from my address book. That doesn't mean, though, that some aren't saving me from the shame and embarassment of that request by simply deleting my message upon sight.

Whatever...I am thankful for their continuing help and support. I am deeply grateful for their tireless efforts to spread the word...and truly touched by their willingness to buy books for friends rather them lend it out.

Thanks, my friends...please let me know what I can do for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment